Ways to Be In Action
We think we have some pretty great blogs, but sometimes it's easier just to see a list :-) If you're looking for some simple sets to be more conscious and places to becoming involved, here's our constantly growing list to get you going!
Be Conscious In Your Home
- Take off your shoes that the front door to not track in dust and residue.
- Wash your cloths on cold cycles in larger loads.
- Hang dry your clothes - even outside when weather is permitting (the sun is the best bleach agent for your whites!)
- Use wool dryer balls when you are using the dryer.
- Turn off the lights if you'll be out of the room for 15 minutes or more.
- Skip pre-washing the dishes if you're going to wash them in the dishwasher.
- Set your thermostat to 78 degrees when you're home for the most efficiency and money savings!
- Take showers over baths.
- Set a timer for the shower + try lukewarm.
- Decrease food packaging by shopping CSAs and Nude Food stores. We recommend a Vejibag to keep produce fresh longer.
Be Conscious In The Community
- Join Eco-cycle's Eco-Leader Network
- Lead neighborhood clean ups!
- Volunteer at your local farms and community gardens. (Check out Half Moon Farms!)
- Support Inclusivity and Diversity in Sustainable + Safer events
- VOTE for sustainability initiatives
- Shop LOCAL